Spaghetti with Lentils
A quick version of my favorite comfort food.
- 14 oz Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 14.5 oz Lentils with no salt added, drain and rinse
- 14.5 oz Crushed Tomatoes with no salt added
- 1 tbsp vinegar of choice
- 1/2 tsp sweetener of choice
- 1 dash Mrs. Dash salt free
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Cook spaghetti in 2 qt. boiling water for about 10-15 min. or until desired tenderness (brown rice pasta takes a little bit longer than regular pasta). Meanwhile mix canned crushed tomatoes and canned lentils in a 2 qt. saucepan and heat on medium heat. Stir in all remaining ingredients and bring to boil, then turn heat down to simmer while pasta finishes cooking. Drain pasta and mix into lentil sauce. Top with nutritional yeast and enjoy.